Alaska Airlines Flight Changes & Ticket Cancellation
How can one make Alaska Airlines flight changes or ticket cancellation?
Reserving a flight with Alaska Airlines ensures a smooth journey experience for many customers worldwide.
There might be some circumstances at times that may lead you to cancel your booked flight tickets.
And, there is a cancellation policy that helps its customers to cancel or change their flights at a nominal or zero cost.
To cancel or change a flight with Alaska Airlines, one can simply visit the Alaska Airlines reservations option online.
Here you will also find the option to manage your booking, seats, and more. Before applying for cancellation of seats/tickets, one should be well aware of the cancellation and refund policies, and other updates regarding the cancellation.
Can I cancel my flight booking at Alaska Airlines? Can I get a refund for the canceled flight?
These two are the important questions which come in the mind of many customers while making bookings.
And, the answer to the above questions is, ‘Yes, you can!’
Under Alaska Airlines’ 24-hour cancellation policy, customers can easily make Alaska flight changes or cancel their tickets within 24 hours of booking for a full refund.
Managing or canceling flights can be done easily via online mode.
Just visit the official website and click on the manage reservation page.
Depending on your flight ticket fare and type of ticket, you may have to pay a nominal fee to change or cancel the flight.
Benefits of canceling flight under the 24-hour
Here are the profitable benefits for your cancellation/changes in flight ticket under the 24-hour cancellation policy:
- When you are trying to make the Alaska Airlines cancellation, you will get complete a refund for the unused ticket.
- And, when you are changing your travel destination, then you will get a one-time change opportunity without paying any extra fees.
If you want to make Alaskaflight changes or cancel the tickets purchased within 24 hours of the scheduled departure, your ticket is subject to a $125 change fee.
For any further query on this, you may call at the customer care number or drop a mail to clear/resolve your doubts.
Important steps for Alaska Airlines flight changes in tickets cancellation
Below are the basic steps to help you with the cancellation of tickets at Alaska Airlines:
- Visit the official page of Alaska Airlines, and click on ‘reservation’ from the drop-down list. Click on cancel.
- After this, the Alaska Airlines cancellation page will pop up which will ask for the ticket number or confirmation number along with your last name.
- If the ticket which you have canceled before is refundable, then you have to follow the below steps:
- If you are a registered user or having your profile in the ‘My Account’ section. Then choose the option ‘send the credit to my wallet”.
- And, if you have booked your flight through a third party or broker or don’t have a profile in the’ My Account’ section, then you should choose ‘send the travel credit to my Email’.
- Confirm your Alaska flight changes in cancellation in any of the two ways:
- By choosing ‘send the credit to my wallet”, your ticket fund credits will be credited to your wallet at the My Account section. This takes place immediately but if not then it may take 7 days to get it done. The credited funds can be used further to make bookings.
- And, if you are choosing ‘send the travel credit to my Email”, then you will receive two emails. One will be having the certification code and the others will be having a PIN. When you will be booking your flight with Alaska Airlines in the future, then you have to use both the certification code and PIN at that time.
Alaska Airlines refund policy
To make an easy cancellation of your air ticket with Alaska Airlines or change in itinerary, you must keep in mind who will get the refund and who will not.
Go through the below points to know who will get a refund:
- Who had booked their flight directly through alaskair.com or calling at Alaska Airlines reservation or by Alaska ticket counter will get a full refund.
- Tickets with Saver fare will not get a refund if canceled after 24 hours of purchase.
- The purchase is not more than one year from the original date.
- The canceled tickets cannot be merged with the group or vacation package booking.
- If the ticket contains any kind of government fare, you will not get a refund.
- Tickets booked with a currency like US dollars will get a refund.
- If the booking is done under any vacation or group package, then also you will not get a refund.
Refundable reservations meeting the above criteria may be refunded to the original form of payment.
Tickets that are non-refundable will be issued a credit certificate or the credit deposit in your wallet within 24 hours.
To be eligible for the online changes outside the 24 hours cancellation period, your reservation must:
- Contain travel which is solely within the USA, Mexico, and Canada
- Should be no more than 8 air segments
- Contain no more than 6 passengers in the reservation
- Not be more than 13 months from the date of purchase
- Have been issued at the official website of Alaska Airlines, call center, or the ticket counter
- Not be a part of a group or vacation booking package
- Should not contain Saver or the Government fare
- Not contain a partner award issued through Alaska Airlines reservation department, call center or ticket counter
Alaska Airlines flight change fee
The Alaska flight change fee depends on the fare purchased by the passenger.
If there is any fee applied, then the extra cost will be charged per change or per person.
Any fare difference will be adjusted.
The change fee of the airlines is revised from time to time.
For more details, visit the official website of Alaska Airlines or get in touch with the customer service number.