Delta Airlines Flight Change For Easy Assistance 888-844-0232
A quick guide to Delta Airlines flight change
Delta Airlines is one of the major airlines in the USA which serves more than 300 destinations.
Often confirmed plans may change for any reason or unfortunate circumstances.
Suppose you have made any reservations with Delta Airlines but now you can’t fly anymore then there are some interesting and easy flight changing policies.
If you want to change your flight booking on Delta Airlines or the date of travel, then you can follow some steps and make the necessary changes as required.
Today, airlines like Delta are making it easier for customers to cancel or change their flight booking.
To change or cancel your flight booking, contact customer care/reservation number or you can do it online.
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to make Delta Airlines flight change:
Steps to change your flight booking with Delta
It is very simple to cancel or change your flight booking with Delta in just a few steps:
- Click on the official webpage of Delta airlines and look for the ‘Find your Trips’ option.
- Under the same heading, click on the ‘My Trips’ option and choose your flight/trip that needs to be changed.
- Now select start flight change and at the same time select the alternative flight.
- Complete the process by following the onscreen steps and pay the difference if there is any. And, your Delta Airlines flight changes are confirmed.
Delta Airlines – Change flight policy
- Apart from booking your travel/flight online, you can also change the flight by calling the Delta airlines reservation helpline number.
- The maximum time allowed to make changes to your flight booking is 24 hours before departure.
- The changes which the passengers are allowed to make are timings, date, and flight which they want to travel.
- If you want to make changes in the same day of the flight departure, there are different policies for the same day flight change.
- There are no charges for making the changes to the flight within 24 hours of booking and if you are making changes in the last few hours of flight departure then you might have to pay a certain fee/charges.
- The passengers can check Delta Airlines flight status of all the flights on their official website.
How to cancel your Delta flight booking
Apart from making flight changes in booking, you can also cancel your flight booking with Delta. Here are the steps:
- Go to the ‘My Trips’ option on the official website of Delta airlines.
- Find your trips using your ticket number or the confirmation number.
- Select the flight you wish to cancel. Click on ‘Modify flight’.
- Click on start flight cancellation.
- Get e-Credits with the value of your original ticket with 24 hours. Further, you may use these credits to buy a new ticket within one year of the original ticket issue date.
Delta same-day flight change
Passengers can even enjoy the Delta airlines same-day flight change services without any hassles.
This can be done easily as Delta airlines provide the facility of same-day flight change which further depends on the seat availability along with many other rules and regulations.
Before making a Delta airlines flight change, it’s time to understand the delta airlines same-day flight change policy:
- The passengers can make a request for the standard flight changes which include the date, time, and destination up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure.
- The tickets like basic economy can’t be changes in any condition. So, check your fare type and the tickets you have booked.
- The non-refundable ticket can also be changed by paying $200 applicable for limited routes.
Delta airlines offer two options with the same-day flight change
- Same-day confirmed changes: If there is a seat available in the originally booked fare class of the passengers, then they can make changes for the confirmed seat in a new flight. This is a complimentary service for the Gold, Platinum, or Diamond members.
- Same-day standby: Apart from the above, the passengers can choose to wait for a seat on an earlier flight if they don’t have an option for the same-day confirmed changes. The change fee for the flight change standby ticket will only be charged when the passenger gets a confirmed seat on their requested flight. The Delta Air Lines flight status can be checked online through their official website.
Same-day standby eligibility
- This option is offered only if the same-day confirmed seats are not available.
- Request the same-day flight change within 24 hours prior to the departure time of your original flight booking.
- Basic economy fares are not eligible
- The general Sky Miles members, silver medallion, or the non-members may only fly the same-day standby for the flight that is earlier than the original flight.
- Diamond, Gold medallion, and the Platinum members may standby for a flight on the same day as their original flight
Flight change fee for the refundable and non-refundable tickets
- Refundable ticket change fees: If the passengers have purchased the non-refundable ticket for their trip, then they have to pay the flight change fee starting from $200-500. Other factors on which all this depends include the location from where you are traveling and then, the price difference.
- Non-refundable ticket fee: And, if you have purchased the refundable tickets, then there is a possibility that you do not have to pay the charges, provided all seats are available and you have followed the ticket rules. In case, the other flight charges are higher, then you are required to pay the difference only.
Delta Airlines’ policy for changing, standby, or canceling a flight contains a lot of nitty-gritty detail.
If you are a frequent traveler, then it is important to understand what to expect.
If you have any kind of queries related to Delta Air Lines flight change, dial the official helpline number and make a conversation with the experts.